CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

continuation on Lawrence

Tuesday's class was very helpful and I feel like I understand Lawrence much better now. I just want to talk about some things that we discussed in class. At first I thought Brown vs. Board of Education was a great thing, but now I can see that things have not changed much. Schools are still segregated, but schools are no longer segregated by law. We obviously have not come that far since the decision of Brown. Like you said in class not all schools are integrated. The school I go to, William D'abate it is made up of about 96% of students of color. Even in high school, the school was not integrated. At West Warwick high school the school was made up of about 95% white. Brown did not work because areas are segregated which makes the schools segregated. The only way for schools to become more integrated is for the areas in cities and towns to become more integrated.

1 comments:

Dr. Lesley Bogad said...

Thanks for using your blog this way... it is great to see you processing!

LB